Out of the many skills to learn in the outdoors are knots. Specifically camping knots. As a Scout during my schooling days, I must admit that there are 1001 knots to learn. With the slightest variation, a new knot is named!
Hence, I have identified 5 useful camping knots in the outdoors that I believe are all that you need to know.
- Reef Knot – to join 2 ropes of similar dimensions together
- Clove Hitch – to secure one end of a rope
- 1 Round and 2 Half Hitches – to secure one end of a rope
- Figure of 8 Knot – – to secure one end of a rope
- Bowline – to secure one end of a rope
You can watch the video 5 Useful Knots in the Outdoors.here